Wednesday, August 3, 2011

July 29

Learned more Kom today: “Tu Chikaju” means “Goodnight”.  And in Pigeon, it’s very hard to actually quantify amounts, so if you need to know if they are eating well, you ask “Do you chop small or chop plenty?” (Chop = Eat).
 
Nester, the NP to be
This evening I had the pleasure of sharing tea with a compound nurse that works at the hospital. These are the nurses that handle all the after hour admissions. They write orders, medications, fluids, and even blood. They are quite smart and know when to call the docs if someone is really sick. Well, there is one gentleman that I just learned will be leaving to Mbingo to complete a Nurse Practitioner course!! You can imagine how delighted I was for him!! We had tea and he asked me about the coursework and my experience. I’m not sure how similar our courses will be, but I offered what I could and shared his excitement. I gave him a couple books that I had brought with me, to prepare for the course. I am eager to see how this will benefit the hospital here!

No comments:

Post a Comment